Sell, Trade, & Consignments
Keeping it Local
Buying, trading, and consigning are at the heart of what we do at Mill River Music.
We bring hundreds of thousands of dollars into the Pioneer Valley right into the hands of local musicians by purchasing fairly from you! Who does that?
Some stores act like its a burden to buy your gear, and offer low prices while grumbling about what junk it is. Not here!
Our walk-in sellers are our vendors, you are how we make a living, and we treat you with respect and care, offering a thorough market evaluation of your instrument and different levels of payout depending on what's right for you in the situation. We have a purchasing manager in-store every minute we are open (maybe minus one or two) so that you can paid on the spot.
We buy instruments of all kinds outright, and give you a price that we can both feel good about. Walk in with gear, walk out with a check, any time we are open.
You can also trade your instrument for something new. Don't see something you like right at that moment? You get a credit here at our shop to use for the future. You get a bit more "bang for your buck" with trades than if you just sell the instrument to us outright. Plus, save 6.25% taxes on the trade in credit !! You can use your credit for purchase, repair, lessons, gift cards, etc.
Interested in the most money for your instrument?
Finally ready to sell that heirloom or investment? Just drop it off and we do the rest. What you get:
- Thorough inspection by professional service techs and recommendations for repairs if needed to maximize value and ensure a smooth transaction.
- Any repairs approved by you are offered at a discount off of our regular shop rates and you only pay after the sale
- Thorough market evaluation and research to set proper value
- Full set of photos
- Listing to multiple sales channels: Reverb.com Ebay, MillRiverMusic.com, in store
- We handle all questions and customer service
- We do all the packing and shipping
- The buyer pays for shipping.
- Your instrument is insured while here and during shipping.
- Your instrument is displayed safely in our humidity and temperature controlled shop
- Your money is held in escrow until the transaction is complete. After the sale clears, you receive a check!
Fees vary from 15 to 35% depending on value and sales location.