MOTU UltraLite-mk3 FireWire Audio Interface
Buy from our Reverb Shop
(While we are working on our eCommerce shop, you can buy this in our Reverb shop at the link above)
Used, in good working condition with some cosmetic wear and tear throughout (see photos). Does not include power supply or other accessories, but send us a message before checking out if you'd like to add anything to your order.
From Musician's Friend:
Professional audio quality in a compact, portable firewire interface!
The Ultralite-mk3 is MOTU's most compact and portable FireWire audio interface. Features include convenient bus powered operation, on-board mixing and effects, superb sound and reliable performance.
The MOTU UltraLite-mk3 provides flexible and mobile bus-powered operation, professional audio quality at samples rates up to 192 kHz, and plenty of I/O: 2 mic/instrument inputs, 6 line-level analog inputs, 10 channels of analog output, stereo S/PDIF, and a discrete stereo headphone output.
Housed in a rugged, compact enclosure you can take anywhere, the MOTU UltraLite-mk3 is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the UltraLite-mk3 FireWire interface provides 10 separate inputs and 14 separate outputs.
Connect all of your studio gear, including microphones, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines, effects processors and even MIDI devices. Record, monitor, route and process all of these live inputs using the professional on-board CueMix FX digital mixer”with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs, and busses independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb with lengths up to 60 seconds. Further sculpt your sound with 7-band parametric EQ featuring filter types carefully modeled after British analog console EQs. Choose between 2 forms of compression: a conventional compressor and the Leveler, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical compressor that provides vintage, musical automatic gain control.
After programming the on-board mixing in the studio, unplug the MOTU UltraLite-mk3 interface from your computer and take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. All mixing and effects parameters are adjustable using the front panel backlit LCD.
The UltraLite-mk3 FireWire interface provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac and Windows and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering.
• The UltraLite-mk3's EQ section provides 7-band parametric EQ modeled after British analog console EQ's, featuring 4 filter styles (gain/Q profiles) to effectively cover a wide range of audio material. LP and HP filters are also supplied with slopes that range from 6 to 36 dB per octave.
• EQ settings can be adjusted graphically by dragging control points on the large graph in the main EQ tab or using the knobs for individual bands in each channel strip.
• CueMix FX - flexible 10 input/14 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects, including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and compression on every input and output.
• 10 inputs / 14 outputs - there's no channel sharing in the UltraLite-mk3; the mic inputs, S/PDIF I/O, headphone out and main outs are all handled as separate channels.
• Front-panel control - access any setting in your entire UltraLite-mk3 mix directly from the front panel.
• Stand-alone operation - program your mixes at the studio and then bring the UltraLite-mk3 to your gig - no computer needed. Just plug in the included power adapter and you are ready to go. Need to tweak the mix? Do it on site using the back-lit LCD and front-panel controls.
• Multiple CueMix FX mixes - for example, create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Or add send/return loops for outboard gear - with no latency.
• Two combo jacks provide hi-Z 1/4" guitar input or low-Z XLR mic input with phantom power, pad and plenty of gain.
• Eight 24-bit 192kHz analog inputs and outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4" TRS jacks
• Precision Digital Trim - Digitally controlled analog trim on all analog inputs (mic/guitar inputs + quarter-inch TRS inputs) provides accurate adjustements in 1 dB increments. Fine-tune the balance of your analog inputs and then save/recall trim configurations.
• Sample-accurate MIDI - connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software.
• Expandable - add additional interfaces for more I/O as your needs grow.
• Separate TRS main outs with front panel volume control.
• Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out
• Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via FireWire.
• Front panel volume control for monitoring. Stereo, Quad, 6.1, 7.1 and user-defined surround monitoring setups available.
• Front panel headphone jack with volume control.
• Bus-powered. No need for external power when operating as a FireWire interface connected to a computer.
[see manual for more info]
* If you are placing an international order, please contact us prior to checkout to discuss shipping quotes.