Roland Boutique Series JU-06 Synthesizer Module w/ K-25M Keyboard
Buy from our Reverb Shop
(While we are working on our eCommerce shop, you can buy this and find more photos in our Reverb shop at the link above)
Used, in very good working condition. This nifty unit will provide you with those vintage Juno tones you've been after, all in a compact, affordable, and fun to use package! You can't go wrong. Features include red light-up LED sliders, 64 presets, onboard 16-step sequencer, USB connectivity, MIDI I/O, and lots more. Don't let its small stature fool you; this is a seriously powerful synth! It's in very good shape, with some normal cosmetic signs of use throughout (see photos). The envelope release slider is slightly damaged and missing a small piece of the black plastic, but it still lights up and works just fine.
THE SOUND AND CONTROL OF A JUNO-106, THE SIZE OF A BOOK
The limited-edition JU-06 is an authentic recreation of the iconic JUNO-106 synthesizer. Sometimes described as one of the last great synths of the analog era, the JUNO-106 became a favorite thanks to its warm sounds and instant sound-shaping ability. The new 4-voice JU-06 module continues this approach, with 23 parameters controllable via the front panel and that classic JUNO sound – complete with the much-loved JUNO chorus effect. There are some new additions too, including a faster LFO and continuously variable hi-pass filter (HPF). You can even slide the JU-06 into the optional K-25m keyboard unit for a self-contained, go-anywhere synth experience.
• Ultra-compact recreation of the iconic JUNO-106 synthesizer
• Retains the feel, sound character and user interface of the original
• 23 of the original synth parameters controllable from the front panel
• Adds several additions not found on the original JUNO-106, including a faster LFO and continuously variable HPF
• Chain mode allows two JU-06 to function as one 8-voice module
• Highly portable for mobile music making
• High-quality construction with metal front panel
• Dual ribbon controllers for pitch bend, modulation, and sound preview
• Battery-operated (4xAA) or USB powered
• 24 bit / 44.1 kHz stereo IN/OUT USB audio interface
• Built-in 0.5W mini-speaker for instant enjoyment
• Compatible with optional K-25m keyboard unit
• Big Sound. Small Package.
The JUNO-106 is sometimes described as one of the last great synths of the analog era, and it became a firm favorite thanks to its distinctive, warm sounds and instant sound shaping ability. The new JU-06 module has all of the sonic character of the original, with accurate reproduction of the entire sound set including the classic JUNO strings and the much-loved JUNO chorus effect.
• Hands-On Control for Instant Programming
The original JUNO-106 was a great way to learn about synthesis, as each stage of the sound creation process was clearly laid out on the front panel, with lots of sliders for instant sound-shaping and experimentation. And that’s still the case with the JU-06, which features 23 knobs and sliders from the original – all inviting you to start tweaking and creating your own customized version of this legendary sound engine.
• Additional Sound-Shaping Options
Like the other members of the Roland Boutique range, we also added a few subtle improvements that weren’t found on the original models. The JU-06 gains a faster LFO and a continuously variable hi-pass filter (HPF) resulting in a super-smooth sound.
• Develop Your Ideas with A 16-Step Sequencer
The onboard 16-step sequencer is a sonic scratchpad that lets you try out new ideas without bringing lots of gear – it can even be used without a keyboard. And if there’s no keyboard connected, the ribbon controller lets you preview the sound, making it an ideal way to program patches quickly and easily.
• Optional K-25m Keyboard Unit
The JU-06 works especially well with the K-25m, an optional 25-key velocity sensitive keyboard that takes your music making to the next level. Once docked in the keyboard, the module’s front panel adjusts to three positions for convenient access to the knobs and sliders.
• Chain Mode
The original JUNO-106 was famous for big lush sounds created by its 6 oscillators/voices. The JU-06 features a chain mode that allows you to connect two JU-06 modules using the MIDI ports and create one, 8-voice synthesizer. Adding additional modules adds another 4 voices of polyphony with each module. This is especially great when controlling the JU-08 from a larger external keyboard. You can even edit the sound from the master module and control both units. Great for realtime filter sweeps and envelope adjustments.
• Battery or USB Bus Power
Some of the best music is made away from the studio, so the Roland Boutique series runs on 4 x AA batteries, ready for when inspiration strikes. Alternatively, you can power the JU-06 via USB Bus power.
• USB Audio Interface for Direct Recording into Your DAW
The built-in USB port also functions as a high-quality 24bit, 44.1 kHz audio interface, for a fast, simple and reliable way of recording directly to your DAW application. You can keep your favorite patches and sequencer patterns safe too, via the USB data backup function.
* If you are placing an international order, please contact us prior to checkout to discuss shipping quotes.