NativeAudio Kiaayo Overdrive Effects Pedal
Buy from our Reverb Shop
(While we are working on our eCommerce shop, you can buy this in our Reverb shop at the link above)
The Kiaayo is based on the idea that less-is-more and provides a streamlined interface for an unlimited overdrive experience. Implementing a 3-knob layout, the Kiaayo offers an adaptable-gain configuration, distinctive pre-gain low-pass filter, and dynamic-asymmetrical clipping. The result is an amp-like overdrive that responds to the dynamics of your playing for sustained leads and articulate chording.
• Adaptable-gain configuration designed to make the Kiaayo the overdrive solution for a diverse range of instruments and musical styles.
• Pre-gain filter aimed to reduce aggressive harmonics which in-return provides a smooth and warmer overdrive experience.
• Independent volume, gain, and tone parameters to allow for total customization of overdrive tones.
• Asymmetrical clipping tuned to provide a dynamic tube-like response.
• 9-18VDC operation provides adjustable headroom for additional overdrive capabilities.
• Smart switching system to engage effect in either momentary or latching mode for expanded operational capability.
• Top-mounted instrument and power jacks designed to save and reduce pedalboard space.
• Buffered-bypass design that retains signal quality over any amount of cable length.
Power: 9-18VDC, 22mA (center negative)
Dimensions: 2.6''x4.77'' (W x L)
About the Artwork:
Kiaayo (key-eye-yo) pays tribute to my Blackfeet (Amsskaapipiikuni) heritage and is the Blackfeet translation meaning bear. Blackfeet tradition tells the story of a missing child who was found and raised by a bear. The bear was wise, imparting lessons of strength and fearlessness. Winter had passed, and the child grew into a young man. Using the knowledge that the bear had imparted; the young man overcame opposition and later became a great chief. The artwork for the Kiaayo features the wise and nurturing bear walking amongst the Glacier Mountain terrain of the Blackfeet Nation.
-Mike Trombley, Owner