Source Audio SA249 One Series C4 Synth Effects Pedal
Buy from our Reverb Shop
(While we are working on our eCommerce shop, you can buy this in our Reverb shop at the link above)
The C4 Synth from Source Audio unites all the sound construction tools of a classic Eurorack modular synthesizer and packages them in a compact and easy-to-use effects pedal for guitar or bass. It is essentially a modular synth in a box with unprecedented tracking abilities, lightning-fast response, and countless sound options.
The C4 offers multiple methods of preset storage and recall. For a straightforward plug-and-play experience, simply select one of the pedal’s six onboard presets with the center toggle switch. The addition of a third-party MIDI controller with USB host provides access to any of the C4 Synth’s 128 Factory presets. Connect the C4 to the Neuro Desktop Editor (a free download for Mac and Windows) or the Neuro Mobile App (iOS and Android) and unlock the pedal’s true power. The Neuro software features a Eurorack inspired editing interface with 4 parallel voices, 3 oscillator wave shapes, 11 envelope followers, 24 modulating filters, distortion, tremolo, pitch shifting, intelligent harmonization, programmable sequencing, and more. Use the editor to create anything from classic synth tones to the sounds you've imagined, but never actually heard. Finally, for a world of great tones without all the tweaking, download sounds from the ever-expanding collection of published presets created by the C4 Neuro Community.
Once you’ve found your sound, burn it directly to the pedal in any of the C4 Synth’s 128 preset positions, save it to your own personal effects library, or share it with the rest of the C4 Neuro Community. Never before has a guitar synth pedal offered so much is such a small package.
FEATURES / SPECS:
• Six Preset Positions: Use the C4’s three-position toggle switch and two preset banks to save six easily accessible presets.
• Growing Library of Published Presets: For quick access to a world of great tones, try sampling sounds from a vast collection of published presets created by the Source Audio team and the ever-growing C4 Neuro Community.
• Unprecedented Sound Sculpting Options: The powerful Neuro Desktop Editor (Free download for Mac and Windows) and Neuro Mobile App (iOS and Android) offer maximum sound exploration possibilities. Use Neuro’s modular synthesizer inspired editor to create custom C4 Synth presets that can be burned directly to the pedal, saved to a private cloud based library or shared publically with other members of the Neuro Community.
• Supreme Tracking: If tracking matters to you (and it should), you will be amazed by the lightning quick, imperceptible latency of the C4 Synth.
• 128 MIDI Accessible Factory Presets – The addition of a third party MIDI controller with USB host provides access to any of the pedal’s 128 Factory presets.
• Four Independent Voices: Mix together any of the C4’s four independent Voices. Assign any of the Voices to an oscillator wave shape, monophonic or polyphonic pitch shifter, intelligent harmonizer, sequencers, or dry signal to distortion, tremolo, and filter effects.
• Three Types of Oscillators: Mix and match any of the C4’s three oscillator wave shapes for pure synthesizer tones. Choose from sine, square, and saw shaped oscillators.
• Eleven Envelope Followers: Select from a comprehensive collection of envelope followers with adjustable attack/decay as well as ADSR triggering envelopes.
• 25 Filter Effects: Choose from a huge collection of filters, controllable with an envelope follower or independently modulating LFOs.
• 14 Different LFO Wave Shapes: Use LFO (Low Frequency Oscillators) to control the modulation of filter, vibrato, or tremolo effects. Choose from eight different LFO wave shapes, including sine, square, sample and hold, saw tooth, and more.
• Two Programmable 16-Step Sequencers: Run two simultaneous sequencer patterns. Choose from several preprogrammed sequencer patterns or create custom patterns.
• Two Modes of Operation – Use the pedal in Standard Mode for a classic stompbox experience or turn on Preset Mode and save a user preset (including all the on-board knob positions) to each of the three toggle switch positions.
• Stereo Inputs and Outputs: Use the Neuro Editor’s panning controls to route each Voice to any location in a full stereo spread.
• Compact Design – The durable, anodized aluminum housing has a small footprint and sturdy hardware. Dimensions: L: 4.5 in./11.4cm x W: 2.75 in./7cm x H: 2 in./5.1cm (including knobs).
• Universal BypassTM – Select either analog buffered or relay based True Bypass.
• MIDI Control – Connect the C4 Synth to the Neuro Hub and access up to 128 presets with MIDI Program Change (PC) messages. Control many of the pedal’s parameters with MIDI Continuous Controller (CC) messages or assign LFO modulation speed with MIDI Clock.
• USB Port - Class compliant USB-MIDI allows the C4 to work as a plug-and-play device with recording software running on Mac and Windows. The USB port offers connectivity to the Neuro Desktop Editor providing access to deep editing possibilities and pedal firmware updates.
• External Expression and Tap Tempo Control — Use the Control Input jack with the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal (expression control to multiple parameters) or Tap Switch (adjust LFO rates on the fly).
• Includes 9v DC power supply - 300mA / Negative tip / Pedal draws 165mA.
* If you are placing an international order, please contact us prior to checkout to discuss shipping quotes.