Roland VG-99 V-Guitar System Guitar Synth w/ MIDI Cable & Power Supply
Buy from our Reverb Shop
(While we are working on our eCommerce shop, you can buy this in our Reverb shop at the link above)
Used, in great working condition. This guitar synth from Roland is an absolute powerhouse, packed with features that'll help you ascend to synth heaven! Tons of guitar and amp models, advanced and versatile controls, ample I/O options... beautiful! The unit is in very good shape, with some normal wear on the finish in a few places. Works as it should; includes power supply and 13-pin MIDI cable.
A MILESTONE IN GUITAR MODELING AND PERFORMANCE TECHNOLOGY
In the history of guitar modeling, no manufacturer has devoted more time, resources and passion into this market segment than Roland — from the world’s first guitar modeling processor, the legendary VG-8, to its popular V-Guitar predecessors. Today, Roland proudly announces another milestone in guitar modeling and performance technology: the VG-99. With three powerful new processors at its core, plus expressive performance controls such as Ribbon Controller and D BEAM, this remarkable instrument raises the bar in guitar modeling and performance technology.
• Dual modeling engines allow guitar and amp models to be dynamically switched, layered and combined
• New COSM electric, acoustic and even bass guitar models, and new synth waves such as the famous GR-300
• Guitar to MIDI converter for direct connection to keyboards, sound modules, soft synths, computers, and other MIDI-compatible devices
• Supports USB audio and MIDI for easy digital recording and sequencing
• Dual GT-Pro-class effects processor enables unequalled flexible tone creation
• Advanced performance controls, including D BEAM, V-LINK and Ribbon Controller take guitar performance to a whole new level
• Simple and intuitive knob-based interface and new design support live performance
• Graphical Editor software included to support sophisticated sound making
• Versatile I/O, including USB, S/PDIF and XLR provide pro connections for virtually every type of music production and performance on stage to professional studio recording
The VG-99 contains an incredible range of COSM-modeled guitars and amplifiers including new electric, acoustic and bass guitar models, a new GR-300 synth wave and much more. It even models two signal paths at once. Complete dual processing of guitar modeling on the VG-99 allows you to play two different guitar sounds simultaneously. For example, one virtual guitar could be a Telecaster® in a vintage Tweed amp with full effects and the other a nylon-string guitar with just a hint of reverb.
Both modeled guitar and amp paths can be active at the same time, or they can be dynamically switched or blended. You can control the switching behavior between virtual guitars and/or amps by foot controllers, buttons/knobs on the unit, or according to your picking dynamics. Imagine playing softly for an acoustic-guitar sound, then transitioning to a full metal blast simply by picking more aggressively. Furthermore, each modeled guitar can be separately assigned to individual guitar strings. For example, you could have a 12-string guitar on 1st to 4th string and Synth-bass for 5th and 6th.
The VG-99 can produce custom tunings — anything the player desires on any virtual guitar. A virtual Les Paul®, for example, could be tuned down four or five steps for a heavy sound, while a nylon string could be tuned as a 12-string, and also tuned down four or five steps at the same time. Open and drop tunings are also supported as well as user-defined custom tunings and can be applied to any COSM guitar, so the player can switch instantly between tuning setups without physically switching guitars or having to manually retune.
Guitar Performance in Higher Dimension
With its new performance-based design, the VG-99 can be placed within a player’s easy reach on stage by using an optional PDS-10 stand. This new style setup allows various new performance possibilities such as D BEAM, Ribbon Controller and more. In combination with the versatile new foot controller FC-300, the VG-99 takes your guitar performance on stage to a whole new dimension.
You asked for it, now Roland delivers the most-requested new features in the VG-99, including an onboard guitar-to-MIDI converter for direct connection to keyboards, sound modules, soft synths, etc. Audio output via USB or S/PDIF digital out, and optional RAD-99 rack mount adaptor further enhance your music production environment. Built-in stereo XLR and 1/4" outputs are ideal for live stage performances and touring. The striking new on-screen editor makes programming the VG-99 super easy and fun.
* If you are placing an international order, please contact us prior to checkout to discuss shipping quotes.